A Slob's Life

Sometimes you have to take a long hard look at yourself.

Sometimes you have to say away with the excuses: and name yourself as the person you really are.

Yes I'm busy; yes I have been running in and out of the house lately. But there has been time to deal with the detritus that has built up on my desk at home - a desk, incidentally, that I call mine but in reality is shared, so that others in the house now have to put up with this state of affairs.



So what's on the desk?
And why?












1. Carol Service script. Written, still to be rehearsed. So not sure why it's sitting here.
2. Camera. Almost always sits on the desk, almost always holding photos awaiting downloading.
3. Camera download cable. See point 2.
4. Passport, belonging to youngest offspring. Has sat there for a month. Awaiting new application form, which will be completed as soon as she is 16 next week so that I don't have to pay for a 5-year junior passport. Apparently she's an adult at 16, according to the Passport Office. I beg to differ.
5. Timings of all 5 carol service dramas. See point 1. Also no longer needed here but elsewhere.
6. Methotrexate monitoring proforma, draft version. Work brought home, completed 2 weeks ago. But you never know.
7. Costa coffee loyalty card. I aspire to register this, in the hope that the extra points that will ensue will translate into a free coffee by, say, 2027.
8. A sock. I think this was clinging to my person when I arrived at the desk fresh from hanging out wet washing. Three weeks ago.
9. Parking tickets. Used. For Milan. Souvenirs?
10. Christmas lists. Ah, genuinely useful and in the right place. Though I had to hunt for them. Too much stuff on my desk.

And so on and so on...I only showed you one third of the desk, and only discussed the top layers of detritus...it's like an archaeological dig.

My name is Tracey, and I am a slob.
Is there some self-help group I could join?

Comments

Popular Posts