Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A first time

Following on from my previous post, I'd like to share a more recent example of a 'first time' for me: the'wow' factor of seeing the art produced by a friend of mine, Helen Burgess who produces the most stunning wirework sculptures and drawings. It was a delight to see that some examples of her work are currently on display at the Bannatyne gym I drag myself along to on a regular basis, making those visits much more pleasurable (though it feels wrong to be sweating in the general vicinity of such loveliness). Do follow the link, and enjoy.

2 comments:

Rick said...

We saw these sculptures (or ones very similar) at the affordable arts show last month. I agree, they are lovely and we considered buying one but didn't have the space (or possibly the money - affordable is relative)

Tracey Wheeler said...

We're trying to afford a drawing at the moment, we always said we'd get a 'Burgess' when we moved house and could find a new bit of wall space to do it justice. Likewise, we'd love a sculpture - but I fear we'd have to find a whole room to do that justice, because you really need to be able to walk all round them to fully appreciate them. Just wouldn't be right stuck on a bookshelf!